converted

:hello: It had to happen sometime. I've been checking things out here for a bit and finally decided to register. For those who know, I guess I'm coming over from the dark side ;) Thanks Nick and JoJo for pointing me in this direction :five:

Little background, I have a super simple setup, pretty much a 42 hex with light and skimmer. It's my first reef tank running about 6 months and things have been going great. I'm a complete addict :top:

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

Conner: I haven't taken a set of pics since the tank was pretty empty. I'll get some soon and post along with some livestock shots.

Kenny: All I can say is WOW, I've been admiring your stuff from afar for some time now. I'll have to arrange a visit next time I'm north for something, with your permission of course.

Daryl: You're EVERYWHERE! :laugh:

MikeEe: thanks for the welcome, I'm looking forward to a great new reefing hangout

Nick: I couldn't stay away, especially with the awesome TOTM photos to admire :adore:

pookstreet

Thanks for the kind words Ed. My tank and corals are nothing compared to many that I have seen in person and online. You are most welcomed if you are ever in the neighborhood.

Alright, here's a set of crappy FTSs. Sory for the quality, I took these at night which loses color and gives alot of glare. Of course since it's a hex I have to post an image from each viewable side. The bottom pick is my tank in the beginning for reference. Man my tank is a mess, gots to organize

Last edited:
Welcome to SoCali Reefs. Looks like your tank is off to a great start, what is the white tentacles in the soap dish? Anemone?

Thanks guys,

brstwv: that's my minty green duncan. I've never seen another one like it, though it's starting to get some pinks/purples to it now. Got it from Fraggle Reef at RAP.

pookstreet: I'm getting used to the hex, it has it's ups and downs. It was a freebie, which is what got me started, but if I knew then what I do now I would have gone with a big cube. :rolleyes:

afelder: sorry for the delayed pics, now I'm official :top:

over 1 year update

Well I guess I should post a picture update. Tanks been running over a year now. It appears I have won the 3 month long algae war and I've been skimmerless for almost 5 months now. Too much livestock though.....upgrade is becoming a NECESSITY!

collage of the 5 viewable sides

Holy Coralline Batman!

same view actinic shot